11.12.2005

Had a fun date!



Matt & I went on a date last night! First, we went to a "Mythbusters" spin-off at the Youth for Christ teen center. (Matt is on full-time staff with YFC.) It was fun! I've never seen the TV show Mythbusters, but from what Matt says, it's really popular with high school students.

One staff guy did experiments to prove if something was a myth or a truth. The last one was "If you can't see it, it isn't there." He did a couple experiments with air, and then the other staff guy came up and shared his testimony about the unseen, specifically God, who we can't see. It was very powerful, and I think there were several youth there who haven't made a profession of faith yet!

After this, we went to the hockey game I mentioned yesterday. Matt's grad school alma mater beat our our undergrad alma mater. We kind of were rooting for our local alma mater, the underdogs in the game. But, we weren't *totally* disappointed by the other team winning! After all, when we lived in their town, we had season tickets for the hockey games, which provided many fun memories during the winter of 1996-97. :)

I knew we had about an hour after the game before our "curfew", ie: the time we'd told the babysitter we'd be home. But I didn't know that Matt had something specific planned!

He took me to the restaurant where we had our first date! We hadn't been there in YEARS!! (Which is probably good, since they serve VERY rich and not-so-healthy Italian food.) It was a fun and romantic trip down memory lane! :)

No comments: