But seriously, isn't a break a good thing? I realized recently that I shouldn't be so hard on myself, that I should give myself some grace. I'm a homeschooling mom who recently added a baby to the mix, and I need to cut myself some slack like I'd do for someone else. Right?
So, yeah, this is how I feel sometimes lately. But we're good.
We went to Michigan earlier this year (maybe I'll do a post on that later if I can get all my photos to cooperate), from late April through May 11. Marissa was here shortly before heading up to Alaska for a summer mission with Cru (Campus Crusade for Christ).
The kids went to camp a month ago and had a blast, like always.
Little guy is still here, although word is that he's supposed to be moving in with extended family soon. The not knowing if and when is especially hard. He's at such a fun age, interacting with everyone so much. He just rolled over yesterday and has been working on teeth for a while... I think the first one will be appearing soon. Everyone who meets him pretty much falls in love with him. It's gonna be hard when he leaves, but he needed someone to be willing to have their hearts break when he leaves.
There was a couple of months where the contract for a case aide for parental visits had ended and the new one hadn't started yet. We couldn't stand the thought of hs parents not being able to see him, so we got their contact info and did some visits with them ourselves. It was really good! I think we all feel like we know each other better, and I believe we have a good relationship going. Hopefully when he's back with them, we can still be a part of their lives.
I just decided when we're going to start our new school year. August 15th. That gives me time to do more things this summer and prepare for the school year. 10th, 8th & 7th grades this year. When did our younger three kids get so old??
Well, I guess I've successfully broken the dry spell here on the blog. Yay! That wasn't so painful. More later...






3 comments:
Been wondering if the little guy was still with you so keep looking for some news. We have been working hard here sorting & weeding out stuff. Now we have added PT in the mix, Dad for his back & me for my knee. We have gone twice & feel a differences already. Have a good what is left of the summer. Oh BTW wait until it is your grand children getting so old & then you really wonder where the time has gone.
Little Man must be getting big. I can't believe that we're already to the middle of July! I have so many blog posts to catch up on and so many other things I'd planned or needed to do during the summer. I hope you have a good rest of the summer.
Right there with you on giving myself grace. ;)
Post a Comment