2.29.2016

dreadiversary.

The 25th marked one year since I started my dreads. It's amazing how much can happen in one year. In that year, here are some things that happened for us...

We...
*Celebrated 25 years of marriage.
*Pulled carpet & linoleum in our main floor & put in tiles.
*Put tile in our Beach House kitchen & laundry area.
*Matt turned 50.
*Had new septic drain field put in at the Beach House.
*Changed from vacation rental to long-term rental at the Beach House.
*Added six recessed lights in our kitchen and changed the main light fixture.
*Started the foster care process, got our license and then our first placement.

Anyway. So here's how my dreads look, one year in...



The back of my head...
They're a lot chunkier than I'd hoped/planned for. But I like them just the way they are.

I'm really noticing lately that my dreads are finally gaining some length after many months of maturing and shrinkage. Now I also have a lot of loose, new hairs a couple inches long that haven't merged into my dreads yet. It makes for a very fuzzy-headed look. 

See? Fuzzy...



Here are three pics from the beginning of the dreads journey...




And here's a photo I just took tonight...

I really love having dreads and can't believe I actually made it to a year! There were quite a few frustrating, messy months just waiting for these crazy things to mature. I'm glad I didn't give up.

No comments: