Something our family loves is thrift shopping, and all the Goodwill stores in the Phoenix area have half-off day every other Saturday. So when Marissa went off to college this fall, I knew I would miss having her input in the dressing room as we each tried on our finds.
I went through my dresser today and pulled out all the jeans and shorts that are too tight since I've gained back about 10 pounds this year. It was a bit depressing and I cried because I liked those clothes, and well, sometimes you don't need a good reason to feel sad. Anyway, with it being half-off day, and us needing to run out for some groceries, I mentioned to Matt that I could really use one more pair of jeans that fit well, and a nice blouse to wear with skirts. So we stopped at one of our favorite Goodwills on the way to the grocery store.
It ended up being a lot of fun, even though finding a pair of jeans that fit well is always a challenge. I tried on probably 6 or 7 pairs in the size I think I am, and another 5 or 6 pairs in the next size up. All I can say is that there isn't a lot of consistency in sizes amongst women's clothing. Ugh. But I did end up with a pair of comfortable jeans and a cute white eyelet blouse. Mission accomplished. And it was fun texting Marissa a few photos to get her opinion, even though honestly all the jeans pretty much looked the same in a texted photo of me in a mirror. ;)
I went through my dresser today and pulled out all the jeans and shorts that are too tight since I've gained back about 10 pounds this year. It was a bit depressing and I cried because I liked those clothes, and well, sometimes you don't need a good reason to feel sad. Anyway, with it being half-off day, and us needing to run out for some groceries, I mentioned to Matt that I could really use one more pair of jeans that fit well, and a nice blouse to wear with skirts. So we stopped at one of our favorite Goodwills on the way to the grocery store.
It ended up being a lot of fun, even though finding a pair of jeans that fit well is always a challenge. I tried on probably 6 or 7 pairs in the size I think I am, and another 5 or 6 pairs in the next size up. All I can say is that there isn't a lot of consistency in sizes amongst women's clothing. Ugh. But I did end up with a pair of comfortable jeans and a cute white eyelet blouse. Mission accomplished. And it was fun texting Marissa a few photos to get her opinion, even though honestly all the jeans pretty much looked the same in a texted photo of me in a mirror. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment