10.06.2014

mondays are hard. (day 6, write31days)

Mondays are always tough, because our kids do a lot of socializing on the weekends, and getting focused back in on school is hard to do.  I hate being the one in charge of pulling it all together, but alas, since I'm the homeschooling mom, I guess that's the way it has to be.  

So here is it, 10:30 in the morning and I'm catching up on my 31 days writing challenge. (I cleaned up Friday's post that I messily published on my phone on Saturday, and wrote Saturday's & Sunday's today.  So much for writing every day for 31 days, right?)  We haven't pulled together to do Bible time, which is normally my way of getting us going.  I think the boys are working on math.  Naomi is asleep on the couch beside me.  She's complaining of her ears hurting, and I may not get much school done with her today.  We shall see how she feels.

Things are pretty quiet here at the moment, and I guess I'll just gently ease us into the week's work today.  

Tonight is my biannual (every-other-year) MRI of my brain.  Long-time readers of this blog will know that I had a meningioma brain tumor diagnosed & removed in 2004.  Later this month will be my one decade "craniversary", the anniversary of my craniotomy.  I have an MRI of my brain every two years, and tonight's the night.  I always feel a little nervous that they might find some new tumor growth or maybe there were some tiny cells left that have begun to grow, even though it seemed they got it all.  So far, every time I've had a follow-up MRI, it has come up clean.  But if you've had someone tell you that you had a brain tumor, you can't help but be aware that it could happen again.  And as the neurosurgeon I saw six years ago said in reference to recurrence rates, "Well, obviously you've shown you have the ability to grow a meningioma."





So I'm praying that if there's a brain tumor, they will be able to see it clearly tonight.  And of course, we pray there isn't one.  One good thing about all of this is that I find being in the MRI machine quite relaxing.  A lot of people are claustrophobic, so the process of just having the MRI done is very stressful to them, never mind all the wondering about what it might find.  I at least don't mind the process and for that, I am thankful. :)

I will post an update later this week or maybe next when I find out the results.

No comments: