This week, I have really been going back & forth on whether to keep doing this challenge. First, I decided *not* to do it, then the next day decided to keep at it, and later concluded that I will do it, just not *every* day. I've already succeeded in writing more often on my blog, which was my reason for signing up for this thing.
Here's what we've been up to these past few days...
Yesterday, I was part of a fun online event. A woman I follow on Instagram (@atticseventeen) buys & resells vintage items in her etsy shop. Every now & then she does a "recipes found in the attic" cooking event, where she sends vintage recipes to a certain number of people (those who sign up first) and has everyone cook on a certain day and post their photos on Instagram with the hashtag #recipesfoundintheattic. (Click here to see all of them.)
The theme of yesterday's cooking event was "Comfort Food" and she sent recipes to 60 people. I got a recipe for coconut-pecan frosting, which was actually somewhat disappointing in that I have made this several times before, so it wasn't anything new to me. But, since we love German Chocolate cake here, it wasn't *that* disappointing.
Here are my Instagram contributions yesterday...
We're working on a "bring David & Marissa home for Christmas" fund, going through the house finding things to sell. I've got several items listed on ebay at the moment and plan to list things on Craig's List as well as have a garage sale soon. Anybody want a broken digital camera? Current bid is 99 cents. Believe it or not, people actually buy these sorts of things. ;)
The kids are carving pumpkins today. Matt & I went to the store the other night for some grocery shopping and found big pumpkins for only $2.50 each, so we had to get one for each of the kids. They're having fun with it. :)
Today is overcast nice and cool, and the doors are open.
Here's what we've been up to these past few days...
Yesterday, I was part of a fun online event. A woman I follow on Instagram (@atticseventeen) buys & resells vintage items in her etsy shop. Every now & then she does a "recipes found in the attic" cooking event, where she sends vintage recipes to a certain number of people (those who sign up first) and has everyone cook on a certain day and post their photos on Instagram with the hashtag #recipesfoundintheattic. (Click here to see all of them.)
The theme of yesterday's cooking event was "Comfort Food" and she sent recipes to 60 people. I got a recipe for coconut-pecan frosting, which was actually somewhat disappointing in that I have made this several times before, so it wasn't anything new to me. But, since we love German Chocolate cake here, it wasn't *that* disappointing.
Here are my Instagram contributions yesterday...
| Getting ready to make coconut-pecan frosting as part of the #recipesfoundintheattic Recipe Making Day from @atticseventeen today! And of course, I must make a German Chocolate cake to showcase this frosting. Just so happens to be my husband's favorite cake. |
| And now we just wait for everything to cool before I frost the cake. #recipesfoundintheattic @atticseventeen |
| Since this was a vintage recipe, it seemed only fitting to put the cake on a vintage plate that belonged to my mother-in-law. #recipesfoundintheattic @atticseventeen |
We're working on a "bring David & Marissa home for Christmas" fund, going through the house finding things to sell. I've got several items listed on ebay at the moment and plan to list things on Craig's List as well as have a garage sale soon. Anybody want a broken digital camera? Current bid is 99 cents. Believe it or not, people actually buy these sorts of things. ;)
| Pumpkin carving going on here today. And that's my current painting sitting on the easel there. :) |
The kids are carving pumpkins today. Matt & I went to the store the other night for some grocery shopping and found big pumpkins for only $2.50 each, so we had to get one for each of the kids. They're having fun with it. :)
Today is overcast nice and cool, and the doors are open.




No comments:
Post a Comment