Let me just begin this post with confession time. I feel quite lame in that I didn't get a card or gift out to my mom this year and ended up only leaving her a voicemail on Mother's Day! :( I feel bad.
Mom, I am *so* sorry! I love you and am so thankful for so many things you've shown by your example.
...being married is a really good thing, and being best friends with your spouse is even better...
staying at home with your kids is a worthy calling...
how to stretch a dollar and the value of good garage sale and thrift store finds...
doing stuff as a family is important...
making things is a good thing to do...
Anyway, Mom, I hope you felt loved & celebrated on Mothers Day, despite the fact that I flaked out on you! I love you and look forward to seeing you soon!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for my day here, it started with a text from David at 5:40 a.m, telling me I'm the best mom ever. (He's so sweet!) He called later on to talk, too. :)
We got bagels for breakast on the way to church.
The kids made me cards.
We ate lunch at Subway (can I just say I love their new veggie patty!) and headed across the Valley to surprise the kids by seeing the Lego Movie at the cheap theater.
We did some thrift shopping, and I was pleased to find a pair of swim shorts and a swim skort. :)
We ate way too much candy during the movie and came home to eat the last of our bagels.
Marissa gave me this lovely bracelet she bought from Sak Saum, a great organization in Cambodia that reaches out to young abused/exploited women, loving them and teaching them useful business skills. :)
The kids decorated this cute birdhouse Naomi had painted...
I really like it!
And that was Mother's Day 2014.













No comments:
Post a Comment