Where has the time gone... is it really almost May? It's mind boggling to me that our school year will be done in six weeks and that shortly thereafter we'll be on our Michigan trip. :)
We just bought our airline tickets this week. Which is really amazing and unexpected, because we'd been kinda-sorta planning to drive our Suburban up, leave it there in the care of our son David, and take the train back. But when it came down to it, we weren't 100% sure the Suburban would make it.
We talked of taking the train both ways. But when we did some price comparisons the other day, the cost of train vs. plane wasn't enough savings to make it really worth it. So we decided to go for the "hop on the plane and be in good 'ole Grand Rapids in 4 hours" plan. (None of this driving north two hours to catch the train, riding for two days, then being there--at least not this year.)
And within an hour of deciding that, we had our tickets bought. Michigan, here we come! (Well, not just yet, but you know what I mean.)
Looking forward to...
...seeing our son David (we haven't seen him since just after Christmas!).
...spending time with extended family (it's been since last summer).
...being at our Marquette house, spending time with friends & going to our favorite places up there.
...a three weeks' reprieve from the 3-digit temps we'll be having soon.
...some downtime away from work for Matt. :)
And although I'm mentally packing our bags for vacation, I have other things to do in the meantime. Since it's Friday and the kids and I are done with school for the week, I am going to work on a new painting. Hoping to make some good progress today. :)
![]() |
| Yep, there it is. The state of our birth. Always great to get back for our yearly visit! :) |
![]() |
| It will be SO great to see extended family again! Once a year just doesn't seem enough. |
We just bought our airline tickets this week. Which is really amazing and unexpected, because we'd been kinda-sorta planning to drive our Suburban up, leave it there in the care of our son David, and take the train back. But when it came down to it, we weren't 100% sure the Suburban would make it.
We talked of taking the train both ways. But when we did some price comparisons the other day, the cost of train vs. plane wasn't enough savings to make it really worth it. So we decided to go for the "hop on the plane and be in good 'ole Grand Rapids in 4 hours" plan. (None of this driving north two hours to catch the train, riding for two days, then being there--at least not this year.)
And within an hour of deciding that, we had our tickets bought. Michigan, here we come! (Well, not just yet, but you know what I mean.)
![]() |
| Oh, yes, those sunrises. I very much treasure our time up there. |
Looking forward to...
...seeing our son David (we haven't seen him since just after Christmas!).
...spending time with extended family (it's been since last summer).
...being at our Marquette house, spending time with friends & going to our favorite places up there.
...a three weeks' reprieve from the 3-digit temps we'll be having soon.
...some downtime away from work for Matt. :)
![]() |
| Our other home. We all love it so much. |
![]() |
| Looking forward to some good beach walks by Lake Superior. I really do miss that. |
![]() |
| Ah, yes, David. I love goofing around with him. This was while visiting my folks last summer. |
And although I'm mentally packing our bags for vacation, I have other things to do in the meantime. Since it's Friday and the kids and I are done with school for the week, I am going to work on a new painting. Hoping to make some good progress today. :)










No comments:
Post a Comment