Haven't been on here much lately, but here's the lowdown. In brief.
Life has been happening. The weather is beautiful. Matt's job is good. David has a new job. Getting good feedback from the "higher-ups". God is good. We are blessed.
And here is a spattering of photos of life around here lately.
 |
| An amazing eye drawing by Marissa |
 |
| I've was on a serious soup "kick" for a few weeks. This one was a concoction I called "Cream of Veggie & Chickpea Goodness". It was good. :) |
 |
| The orange & grapefruit blossoms in our back yard smell *amazing* this time of year! :) |
 |
| Our fig leaves are growing (much bigger than this now!) |
 |
| Joshua, Jesse & Naomi at the grocery store with me |
 |
| A former co-worker of mine and her husband (from the U.P.) stopped in for lunch while they are out in the Valley for a month. :) |
 |
| Visited with my aunt & uncle at the local air base when they were briefly in the area. May I just say, I *love* what thrifting has done to my wardrobe! This maxi dress was brand new, still had the department store tags on it... and I got it on half-off day at Goodwill for only four bucks! :) |
 |
| We made several trips up to Flagstaff with Matt for work in the past two months. This is a fun pic I shot of some of the kids with a great mural on the side of one of the downtown buildings. |
 |
| David has been doing an awesome job singing/playing in the worship team at church. So proud of him! |
 |
| We just had our second week as facilitators of our Financial Peace University class. Several people chopped credit cards this week! :) |
 |
| Just mended my favorite "flow-y" skirt yesterday. I always feel like spring when I'm wearing it... well, and whaddaya know... that's what I've got on right now. :) |
 |
| Cut these lovely blooms from our rose bush yesterday. They smell heavenly! |
 |
| It was Jessica's birthday on the 18th... she would have been 17 this year. We had our pastor & his family over for lunch and they brought us these cheery flowers. So nice! :) |
 |
| Oh, yes, I've caved to The Hunger Games hype. Read all three books in less than a week's time. Not bad. Haven't seen the movie yet, but plan to. David surprised Marissa by taking her to the premiere last week on pretense of going to the store to get some candy for Matt. David pretended he was lost and they ended up at the theater without her even realizing. It was great! :) |
 |
| "Evelyn's Best Meal of the Day", a recipe we got from Dr. Esselstyn's book on preventing & reversing heart disease. Oatmeal with bananas & apple juice. I like mine with dried cranberries & a little soymilk on top. Yum! :) |
 |
| Our "new" Craig's List barstools. Let me just say how much I love my kitchen. A *lot*. :) |
 |
| It all started with trimming my bangs, then I went a little crazy with the thinning shears and had to cut off a few inches' length to make it look right. Wasn't sure at first if I liked it or not, but I kinda do... and it will grow! Already has, just a little bit. :) |
Well, that was pretty random! Lots of odds & ends happening around here. We have *lots* more photos I could share, but I do actually have other things I should be doing. So it will have to wait for another day. Bye for now! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment