scatteredpast participle, past tense of scat·ter (Verb)That's the best word to describe my mental state for about the past month. I apologize to any of you out there whom I've talked with lately, if it's affected you in any way. So sorry about that! :)
Verb:
- Throw in various random directions: "scatter the coconut over the icing".
- Occur or be found at intervals rather than all together.
I guess it's alright since at least I'm aware of it. Right? RIIIGGHHHT... I'll just keep telling myself that. :)
Well, let's see... in the past month we've had three family birthdays (which means three days off from school), one holiday (another two days off from school), a trip down to Tucson for a car auction (another two days off from school), not to mention several art fairs I was a part of, dental and optical appointments, and Christmas practices at church.
On the positive side, the art fairs are over for now. However, Christmas is still coming up. I have a couple paintings I need to get done before then, gifts to buy/make, and cards to get sent out. Oh yeah, and I'm still trying to be teacher to five kids in the meantime!
I find myself longing for a full week of school with no appointments or days off, just so we can focus better on getting our stuff done. Crazy, I know. But when our main curriculum goes by the week, it means that we're squishing one week's worth of work into three or four days, depending on how many days off we've had in a particular week.
So here I am, posting on my blog when I need to be doing school with the younger kids. Oh, and doing a painting that has to be mailed soon because it's a Christmas gift for somebody's daughter. And getting ready for a baby shower I'm hosting at my house tomorrow evening.




No comments:
Post a Comment