12.21.2011

four days 'til Christmas...

Went Christmas caroling with our church at three different nursing homes tonight.  Every year, I like it better than I did before... I know this sounds terrible, but I used to be sort of afraid to talk to older people in places like that.  But as the years go on, and I hear stories Matt tells me about his dialysis patients & their loneliness, I have gotten to the point where I see the way these folks light up when we sing.  And they especially love the children.  Tonight, the 6 year old daughter of some friends latched on to me, so we were meeting older people together... it was a lot of fun.  Oh, and we met some of the most interesting people tonight! :)

Earlier in the day, I finally gathered up the nerve to cut layers into Naomi's hair at her very persistent request.  (She'd been pestering me about it ever since I put layers into my hair last week!)  It took a long time, I'm guessing an hour, but I'm pleased with the result.

When we got to church this evening, Naomi burst into the building in the flurry-some, outgoing way she usually does.  So by the time I came in, everybody knew I'd cut her hair.  One lady asked me, "Amy, did you go to beauty school?" to which I answered with a smile, "No, I didn't.  I went to YouTube beauty school!".  She said it looks beautiful.  Wow.  

Anyway, here are a couple photos for you of Naomi's hair, before & after:



No comments: