6.28.2011

pigeons.

We have an almost constant rotation of pigeon families being raised in the eaves of our roof.  But the past several days, the current pigeon adolescents are having a bit of trouble.  They seem to have fallen off the roof or something and aren't able to fly.

So this is what we have these days:

Suburban Pigeons
This young pigeon is sitting on our Suburban wheel, and its momma (or poppa?) is sitting there with it.  Well, at least until we need to drive the Suburban.  Yesterday when I needed to run an errand, I put on my gardening gloves and picked up the bird and moved it to a shady area by our front door.  When I went to pick up its mother, she flew out of my hands.

Now there are two young pigeons who are in this predicament.  I'm not sure what they're going to do today, since Matt took the Suburban to work.  They are going to feel mighty displaced, but what can you do? 

No comments: