4.11.2011

a quick hello before the hub-bub of a new week starts.

Wow, that was sort of a long title, wasn't it?  I didn't do so well on limiting my online time last week, so I'm going to try again at being more disciplined.  Matt has headed off for the day and the kids are still in bed, so I thought I'd pop in real quick and say hello before I get busy with the week.

Just a random shot looking toward our front door.  Not sure who took it... but I like it.


Exciting photo, huh?  (Just kidding.)  The other night after church, Matt started working in the garage.  We stayed up late working on it, and it is SO nice out there.  I found myself going out in the garage the next day several times just to admire the work he'd done.  :)


It is SO nice to have these things hanging up in the garage now.  :)


Our shoe shelves are now visible once again... the bench had gotten piled with things and I "re-claimed" it while Matt worked on his garage projects Wednesday evening.


Our "rose garden", with the little miniature rose bush my parents gave us when they were here 2 1/2 months ago.  That little thing has more than doubled its size since we moved it outside.  Our larger bush has just taken off this spring... I have roses in the house every day now.  :)


A closer look at our big rose bush.  Every day, we have new blooms, and they smell *great*.


A bouquet Marissa cut the other morning, with roses & bouganvillea from our back yard.  I like how this shot has Jesse in the background.  :)


Me and my studio easel.  I'm excited about the start of my new painting this weekend... I'll post photos as it progresses.  It's my first Lake Superior/Marquette Beach House-themed piece.  :)


Ah, yes, and here is the pile of papers I need to correct before the new week's work begins here shortly...


Which reminds me that I need to get off the computer and get started on the day.  There are books to be read, bread to be made, papers to be corrected, and laundry to be done.  Ah, yes.  I am blessed to be at home with my kids, and I am going to get started on the new week...

4 comments:

Ed & Dottie said...

Wow you miniature rose sure is doing good. Ours nearly dies on us but had come back but is not any bigger than it was. It does have two buds on it though. :)

Amy :) said...

I thought you might like to see how it's looking these days. No new flowers yet, so I'm not sure if all the growth is good or not. We shall see...

Ed & Dottie said...

BTW I didn't say how nice your garage looks. We should turn you loose on ours. Also I think I have just killed our mini rose. It is sitting here in the bay window & it got too sunny & it was too dry. It looks awful. :(

Amy :) said...

Mom, thanks for the compliment on the garage... I just love it being more organized again! It's amazing how it's not a one-time deal... the "upkeep" on being organized is something I often forget about.

Were you serious about turning us loose on your garage?

So sorry to hear about your mini rose! :( Ours has a new bloom on it and a few buds getting ready to bloom in the next week. I am so amazed at how our yard is coming to life this spring! And we heard about your snow in Michigan... yikes!