4.25.2011

easter weekend.

It occurred to me this morning as I read my sister Becky's blog that I didn't take one photo on Easter Sunday.  Oops.  Well, here are a few from Saturday.  I guess that will just have to do.

We had our friend Suzie's girls over a few days this past week while she worked and her mom is out of town.  Friday I succumbed to the sinusy/scratchy-throat thing that seems to be going around our family.  (David, me, Naomi, and now Joshua & Jesse have all been its victims.  So far.)

Saturday I had Marissa take over the preparations for Easter dinner, which meant she was in charge of our younger three kids and Suzie's two.  She did a great job, as you can see below.

Here's Marissa with Katrina and Naomi, explaining how to do the Jello eggs.  This was the first year I didn't help at all with them... being sick, I just put Marissa in charge.  They turned out great and the kids had a blast making them! :)

Kaitlyn is such a sweet little girl. :)  Here she is, taking her nap on Saturday afternoon.

Matt ran a bunch of errands on Saturday with most of the kids.  Here, Naomi looks for a book.  We had a nice quiet reading time while Kaitlyn napped.  :)

The kids with their decorated hard-boiled eggs, which incidentally made *delicious* deviled eggs for our Easter dinner yesterday!  :)

Yesterday, David & Marissa were in a drama that the teen group put on, Marissa being the main character.  She did a great job, and I was so proud of her. :)  Both David & Marissa and I were in the choir.  Matt was supposed to be, too, but Naomi was sick, so he stayed home with her.  

Marissa and I did our first duet together!  She has a very nice singing voice, I really enjoyed singing with her, and I look forward to more duets together. :)  We sang "Lamb of God", by Twila Paris, and it went pretty well, despite my having the sinusy thing going on.  My voice gave way at the second-to-last measure of the song, and I guess from a couple friends' remarks afterwards that the look on my face was quite hilarious.  Sort of like, "Really?  Now?"  I hadn't realized I had made a face.  Oops.

Anyway, that's that.  No pretty photo of the kids & me in our Easter clothes.  I always seem to forget those shots on Easter... I'm quite sure this isn't the first year I forgot.  

So I hope you had a good Resurrection Day yesterday.  I find words somewhat inadequate in trying to describe the meaning of the day.  Let's just suffice it to say that I am SO thankful God came to earth in human form and that He died on the cross for my sin!  Thank you, Jesus.  :)

4 comments:

Becky Dempsey said...

I always bring my camera with me pretty much everywhere! I actually took our Easter pictures on Good Friday which made Easter Sunday a LOT less hectic! Glad you were able to sing even with the yuckies!

Amy :) said...

Well, I did have the camera at church and took a video of the teen group drama and attempted to get someone to video our duet.

But I forgot to line everybody up and take our photo... probably because we were running late for getting to church early for practice! What a good idea to do the photo on Friday! :)

Becky Dempsey said...

Yeah, we always seem to have so much going before church so when I had the sewing done early for once, I opted for getting it out of the way :) I suppose you could always have everyone put on what they had on and stage a picture!

Mieal Deneb said...

It's easy for little things to get lost in the shuffle. At least one year I forgot to get a picture of the kids in front of the Christmas tree. So, I staged one later, like Becky suggested. A few days late is better than missing out on it all-together. :)

Rachel