2.22.2011

Whew!

We have had a great turn-out of guests at the Beach House this month, praise God!  It has helped tremendously with paying the bills up there this winter, and also allowed us to buy my art supplies, as well as some curriculum we needed.

The guests this week helped us avert a potential crisis, too.

The thermostat in the Beach House. 

Yesterday afternoon, I got a call from the current guests about the temperature not getting above 63 degrees in the house and the fan not kicking on.  I made a few calls to pick people's brains, then Matt came home and joined the efforts.  We caved in and called the plumbing & heating people in Marquette, gulping hard at the extra $99 for an after-hours call.

Matt started thinking maybe the air filter was clogged and that would have shut off the furnace.  I called our guests, had them take out the filter, and promptly the furnace kicked on!!  We called the heating guy and cancelled the after-hours call.  All this on our way to fill in as Financial Peace University coordinators for somebody.  Boy, did that add to *our* financial peace, saving the $99 after-hours fee!!

We were all excited about saving ourselves an expensive service call, but this morning I got to thinking.  What if we hadn't had anyone at the house this week to let us know the heat wasn't working, with the temps below 20 degrees?

Wow!

Oh, and I just have to add that Matt has been after me to have Jenn (our friend who cleans the house/keeps an eye on things) change the air filter.  And I kept forgetting to ask her... so this is really MY fault.  :(  I will not forget the air filters from here on out!! 

No comments: