Ah, yes... today is Valentine's Day. I have mixed feelings about this holiday. First off, I admit it. I'm a romantic and I love the idea of a day for people to lavish their love on their special someone.
But it also seems so... forced. One of our local grocery store chains has these "Valentine's Express" tents in each of their parking lots. I call them the "Tents of Guilt". You know, the guy is heading home from work and sees the tent, "Oh, no! It's Valentine's Day... I need to get something for my wife!!" and runs in to pick up an overpriced thing to "show her how he feels".
Anyway, Matt & I talk about it. He knows deep, down inside, that I have a soft spot for Valentine's Day even in the midst of all the commercial hype. So we find our own quieter, less expensive ways to celebrate it. :)Here are some fun, inexpensive and creative ideas I just saw on Dave Ramsey's website, in case anybody out there needs any ideas that won't bust the budget. :)





3 comments:
Dan said "Happy Valentine's Day" when he got home from work this morning:) Other than that, we're probably going to use a Restaurant.com coupon once our tax refund is in. We've never been big on big ta-do's about holidays. (I think some of it comes from Dan loosing his mom so young) but being together is the important thing!
Never been fond of Valentines myself... long story. But you guys are so cute together. Did anyone ever mention how much Matt looks like Duckie in pretty in pink? And if he hates me for saying it then don't tell him I said it. :)
Ah, Sherry, you are too funny! I'd never seen Pretty in Pink, so I had to do a quick search on Swagbucks to find out who Duckie was.
Well, what can I say? It *was* still the 80s when we started dating...! Although I do have to say that Matt didn't have his hair slicked up high in the middle like Duckie seems to have.
Amy :)
Post a Comment