| Romantic dinner for two, ambiance courtesy of Marissa. |
Since Valentine's Day evening didn't work out for us to do something to celebrate, last night the kids helped me pull off a fun surprise for Matt. I wanted to put on a romantic candlelit Valentine's dinner for him, with the kids serving as waitstaff. Once Marissa got hold of the idea, she ran with it. Don't you think she did a nice job? We had romantic lighting and smooth jazz playing softly in the background.... very relaxing and enjoyable. :)
| The waitstaff of "Cafe d'Amour" |
I made salad, salmon, baked potatoes, cauliflower, and a cake, and bought sparkling apple/cranberry juice and chocolates. It was fun being chef and then turning it all over to the kids to serve us. They did an amazing job, and were *so* quiet! Once they'd served us our dinner, they sat down at the dining room table to their own candlelit dinner. I think they really enjoyed the whole experience. :)
| It was a really relaxing, enjoyable date. One of the best ever! :) |
Matt was SO surprised. And pretty much floored. He said it is a night he won't forget.




1 comment:
How very sweet! Great memories made for everyone I'm sure!
Blessings~
Post a Comment