1.14.2011

Ta-dah!! :)

Ta-dah, you ask? Well, all Marissa's birthday presents have been made and/or arrived.  YEA!!  :)

The birthday girl standing next to the shelves she & her dad built on Saturday.   Last year, Matt's brother & his wife had a new closet system put in and they gave us their old shelving.  Notice Marissa is wearing her swirly twirly scarf and her wrist warmers (and pointing at her crafty basket).

Made:
  • Wrist Warmers
  • Swirly Twirly Scarf
  • Cover for knitting needle/crochet hook holder (I got the idea here, although the one I made has a bottom to it, rather than just being a sleeve.  Well, and I used single crochet, rather than double crochet.)
  • Shelves in the other half of the girls' closet (a gift from Matt)
Arrived:
  • Knee-high toe socks  (finally!)

A couple closer shots...

The crocheted cover I made for the cardboard tube we put Marissa's needle/hook collection in.  I used the yarns from her wrist warmers, plus she had a couple other yarns she wanted included so it would all match her color scheme.  I crocheted this the other day while the kids narrated their school to me, and I am really pleased with how it turned out!  :)

Marissa's crafty basket, with new crocheted cover for the needle/hook holder, and all her other yarns added neatly to the mixture.

And a fun shot Marissa took of herself wearing the toe socks the other day.  :)

1 comment:

Ed & Dottie said...

Alot of stuff being made in your household. Neat