We have this cute little section of cupboards tucked between our refrigerator and our pantry, off "on its own" away from the rest of its cupboard family in other parts of the kitchen. Despite my visions for it to be a haven of organization, sadly it has been more of a collection place for the odds & ends that find their way into the kitchen and don't have a better place to hang out.
Well, no more!
Last week, I needed to find something I knew was in the top cupboard in this messy little area. There were any number of old health insurance cards, debit cards, etc. in there, so it was quite an expedition to find the specific item I needed. While digging around in there, not only did I find what I was looking for, but I also found the motivation to organize my little area. Yea!! :)
Next day, I dug into a box that had been hiding in one of our kitchen cabinets--believe it or not--still unpacked after three years! Yikes. It was mostly my mother-in-law's old cookbooks that had a nice little spot in our Marquette house but had never found their home here yet.
So one thing led to another, and now they have their new little home on the middle shelf of this cupboard. While I was at it, I moved the kids' writing utensils down where they could reach them better and re-organized my bill paying center.
| Well, since I didn't take a "before" photo, you'll just have to take my word for it. This is SO much more organized!! |
So that photo above is the "in progress" photo. It's SO much better, trust me. The containers of writing utensils are getting crochet "jackets" soon... the first is half done. And the countertop and cabinet below this one are in progress, too. I just was so excited to see the progress in this one cabinet, I had to post something about it. :)




3 comments:
I love it when an area gets organized when you didn't set out to do it, but you just "get the urge" to do it! It looks good.
Why, thank you, my dear sister! :) I am trying so hard to be more organized. Now, if I could just tackle the stash in our bedroom closet...!
Oh, you are inspiring me to get to that horrid junk drawer!!!!
Post a Comment