12.23.2010

Two days 'til Christmas...

Around here, two days before Christmas is affectionately referred to as "Christmas Adam" by our kids.  You know, because Christmas Eve is the day before Christmas.  And Adam came before Eve?  Ha ha, right?  :)

So here are a few photos of our "Christmas Adam."  I had to make the dreaded trip to Wal-Mart, two days before Christmas, because we needed vacuum bags... and that's the only place I know of to get them.  So I got the rest of our Christmas dinner stuff price-matched with the best deals from the other local grocery stores.  Spent 25 minutes in the check-out lane, but we got our good deals. :)

Anyway, on to the photos...

Here's the countdown Marissa put on our fridge on the 15th.
Only two more days to cross off!

Our Dave Ramsey books came this week!  Don't worry... we're not *so* crazy that we bought 20 sets of his Total Money Makeover books & workbooks.  We're just gearing up to teach the adult/teen Sunday School at our church after the new year, and they had a good deal, so we did a group order.  :)


This should have gone in my "favorite things" post a few days back.  In 1999, the ladies at our Marquette church showered me with a ton of gifts. :)  This one has become one of the kids' favorite traditions of Christmas.  The little elves have sandpaper on their feet, so they "walk" down the hill.  So fun! :)

Had to take a pic of Naomi, who was watching me capture the elves on camera. :)

The kids & I did some cleaning today... here are two of my floor-washing helpers.  :)

This is a (slightly hideous) painting I bought at 1/2 off day at Goodwill, because I wanted to use it for an inexpensive canvas to paint on. 

What do you think?  Okay, this is just the first "phase", where I painted over it.  It's going to be a gift for someone I am fairly sure doesn't read my blog.  Just to be safe, though, you'll have to wait 'til after Christmas to see the finished product.  Which I don't have done yet, anyway, since I'm waiting for the background to dry first.
Thought I'd add this... tonight we watched "The Grinch" (with Jim Carrey) on TV,
and look at what Marissa did to Naomi's hair afterwards!
I think she looks like she could live in Who-Ville.  :)

No comments: