12.17.2010

Eight days 'til Christmas...

I was just looking through old photos and thought it was fun looking at some of our "early" Christmases. If you click on them, you can see them closer.

Our first Christmas together, in 1990, with Matt's niece Jenny and the sled that he had just given me.  We *had* to go try it out right away! :)

Our 1991 Christmas card photo, with our Malamute/Husky mix, Keela.  This photo was taken in the yard at our Marquette house, and the wind was *ferocious* that day, which explains my crazy hair.  :)

David's first Christmas, 1993.  This was a 4-generation shot with my mom & her parents.

Our Christmas 1994 photo.  (David was 13 months old.)  You can't see my belly, but Jessica was in there, 6 months along.  As it turns out, it was her only Christmas here on earth.

Our 1996 Christmas photo.  David was 3 and Marissa is the cause of that bump you can sort of see in my belly there.  The photo was taken a few weeks before she was born on New Year's Day 1997.  And I just have to say that I hated that haircut.  I had just had a trim and the lady had cut my bangs waaayy too short!  And the glasses?  Well, what can I say?  They were so stylish then...

Wow, I just realized we have a pregnant Amy theme going on here!  This was us at Christmas 2000, with Joshua inside my belly, almost 6 months along.  Somehow, when I was scanning photos this spring, I didn't scan the whole family Christmas shot, so you can't see how cute David & Marissa were in 2000.  :(


Christmas 2003, the photo we didn't use in our card.  But it's my favorite from the photo shoot because of Joshua & Marissa's interaction.  Naomi was just a wee little person, not big enough to make a "bump" yet.  She was born 6 months later.

Christmas 2004.  Aren't they cute??  :)

Our first Christmas as Arizonans, 2007.   Wow, the kids have grown *so* much in just three years!!
Today is the kids' & my last school day before our Christmas break, and I am excited!  Here's what I'm imagining...  making cookies and bread, bringing treats to our neighbors, getting more Christmas cards out, finding & wrapping a few more gifts, crocheting a few surprises, going to see The Dawn Treader, watching The Nativity Story on DVD, etc, etc, etc.  I can hardly wait, but I guess I should get offline and get to work so we can start our Christmas break...  :)

3 comments:

Becky Dempsey said...

It's fun to see the old Christmas pictures!

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

Cute preggo theme. LOL

Amy :) said...

Yeah, well, I realized that the very next picture I posted after I said that, I was pregnant too, although I didn't look it yet!

I guess we just had a "preggo" theme going on in our life for several of those earlier Christmases... :)