Just thought I'd post a fun update. Every school day morning, the kids & I pray and read our One Year Bibles together. Well, as each child has gotten to be a good enough reader, we've gotten them their own One Year Bible. So, knowing that Naomi would soon be ready, I bought one for her on amazon.com for Christmas this year.
 |
| Naomi reading a verse from my One Year Bible last week. |
Well, a week ago this past Tuesday, she wanted to try reading a verse. I was so astonished when she read every word with just a little help! (Except for the hard names...) Now she's been advocating for me getting her a One Year Bible, having no idea that hers is wrapped & under the Christmas tree already! She's going to be so excited! :)
One of my very favorite things about homeschooling is when the kids have learned to read really well. It's been fun recently seeing Joshua & Jesse getting to that place. The other night when I was giving goodnight hugs, Jesse told me, "I *love* reading!".
These are days I never will forget. I love it! :)
3 comments:
I guessing you won't let Naomi look at your blog before Christmas. :)
Yeah, as I was writing this post, it occurred to me that since she *can* read quite well, I have to be sure she doesn't read my blog before Christmas!
But since she hasn't ever shown any interest in reading my blog, I'm not too worried. Now, Marissa on the other hand... no secrets about her gifts are being posted here!! :)
We got Sarah a Bible for Christmas last year with the intention of doing so for each of the kids when they are in Kindergarten. Sarah is really enjoying being able to read. She thought it was cool when she read my sweatshirt this morning "Jesus is the reason for the season".
Post a Comment