11.22.2010

forty-one

Yesterday was my birthday!  I had a good day... in many ways, it felt like it was a two-day long celebration.  :)

Cool things about my weekend...
  • Matt took me out to Wendy's for breakfast on Saturday... it was a nice getaway, and the food was delicious! :)
  • I found some jeans & a great sweater at a garage sale for 50 cents each
  • Marissa organized the younger kids & they cleaned almost the whole house while Matt & I were gone!
  • She also sorted the younger boys' toys & clothes... something I really appreciate! :)
  • We had a great time with friends over to celebrate that evening :)
  • Church & a Thanksgiving potluck yesterday... we got to hang out with friends all day and enjoy a great meal.  :)

And here is what I saw when I opened our bedroom door yesterday morning... we have some pretty thoughtful kids!!  :)



And yes, I am forty-one now, hence the post title.  Feels good so far... it will be a long, long time before I am "old", whatever that means. :)

1 comment:

Becky Dempsey said...

I'm glad you had a good day (or two!)