10.07.2010

Locks of Love

Marissa and I *just* got back from donating hair to Locks of Love!  She had been talking about donating hair when we were in Michigan this summer, but I didn't feel like that was the right time.  Today, as she was planning to go, I spontaneously decided that the minimum 10" wouldn't be *too* short for me to donate, too.  I called Matt to bounce it off him, and he said he didn't mind either way.

So after we finished school today, Marissa & I took Naomi and went to our neighborhood Great Clips salon, where we both were treated to a free haircut in return for donating hair. :)

A before shot as we headed out to donate our hair



Me right after I got my hair cut, with the cut off hair on the table there.  The girl who cut my hair made it a little shorter in the back, so it kind of flips up.  I'm still trying to decide what I think of that, but overall I'm glad I donated hair today. :)



Marissa, getting her side bangs cut.  She's gone a *long* time without bangs, so this was a big change for her.  She donated 16 inches this time, and I think her new cut is SO cute! :)



And an "after" shot Marissa took of herself back at home.  
Love the new bangs! :)

Naomi was just tickled when she realized that she has the longest hair of anybody in our family!  That would be the first time ever.  :)

If 'ya want to compare, here is my post from May 2008, when we first donated hair together.  :)

2 comments:

Ed & Dottie said...

Very neat hair does & a great cause too. You two hair grows fast maybe it is all the heat you live in. Love Ya Both, Mom

Amy :) said...

Wow, that was a fast comment, Mom! :) You might have a good point there... I've always heard that hair grows faster in the summer. So, does it grow faster when you live in a warmer climate, too? I've been wondering that ever since we moved out here.

We love you too, Mom! :)