We got a new puppy last week! We weren't looking to get a puppy... she just appeared at our front door.
Last Wednesday, the kids & I came back from a walk and heard a lot of barking. A few minutes later, the kids saw a puppy at our front door. The puppy had escaped from the neighbor's back yard, so I called her cell phone to let her know we had her puppy in our yard.
Later, when I returned her, the neighbor said she was thinking of finding the puppy a new home since she didn't have the time to spend with her. She works, her husband is deployed to Iraq, and she has two small children. We took the puppy "on trial" and decided to keep her.




6 comments:
So you gave in to keeping her. Best wishes with the potty training but she should be able to learn. Love Ya, :)
Mom
She's cute. So how big do Blue Heelers get? What type of a personality does she have? Questions, questions!!
Blue heelers are smaller than labs, from what I've read online. But she isn't *full* blue heeler... kind of a mutt, so we're not exactly sure how big she'll get. We think smaller than Jack.
She is very friendly, very energetic, and loves attention. Some of the hyperness I'm sure is from being a puppy, but she *is* more energetic than Jack was at that age.
The other day the girls & I took both dogs for a walk. Now that Jack is old and arthritic, he can only handle once around the block, then he's *done*. Zoe, on the other hand, was so full of energy. I said she was the "Energizer Puppy"!
I am so used to mellow pets... mellow dog, mellow cat. So this new little puppy is quite a change for me!!
She's cute! I'd agree with the Blue Heeler verdict. When I was looking for a new dog, one of the dogs I looked at was a Blue Heeler mix, and I had no idea what that was at the time. Did your neighbor have any more info on the dog's birthday, etc?
Talked w/ our neighbor yesterday, and she doesn't really know much about how old Zoe is. She got her from some people giving away puppies in the Wal-Mart parking lot!! Crazy, huh? So we're guessing 3-4 months old, but I'll ask the vet when I take her in for her shots. :)
Blue Heelers need LOTS of exercise - probably more than other dogs. If they don't get it they can become unhappy and grumpy.
Post a Comment