As I said in a recent post, life around here has been
busy, busy, busy! lately, as I'm sure it has been for everyone. I sent/gave out over 200 Christmas cards in the past couple of weeks and yesterday we had the kids' Christmas plays at church. Now we're working on giving out Christmas cookies to our neighbors (kind of a way to begin to get to know some of them) and some last-minute shopping and hunting for luminaria supplies, in addition to the usual... laundry, cleaning, etc.
I'm just going to post a spattering of photos of life around our place these past couple of weeks...
Matt & me with Jesse on his birthday (Nov. 30). He wanted a strawberry cake, so I found this "strawberry dessert" recipe... kind of like ice cream and cake all in one. Everyone loved it... I think I'll be making it again!
On the night of December 4, all night long, I couldn't figure out why we were all so cold. When I got up in the morning, I was astonished to see that it was 27 degrees outside! It warmed up to 30 degrees while I charged the camera batteries, but you can still kind of get the idea. It *does* get below freezing in the Valley of the Sun... sometimes!
Naomi in front of our Christmas tree. I love the sepia tone setting on our camera. :)
Naomi & Jesse goofing off... there are about ten similar photos from that day.
One day recently, I opened the freezer and this is what I found. When I said, to nobody in particular, "Why is there a snowman in the freezer?!" David said, "It's in its natural habitat!" :)Merry Christmas from our family to yours! :)
3 comments:
I love it when you do post pictures of every day life as it helps to feel closer to you guys to know what is going on there. Love ya, :)
Mom
Hi Mom!
Knowing you like the updates keeps me posting, even when our computer is *super* slow at uploading the photos. :)
I'll try to keep it up... :)
I LOVE the snowman in his "natural habitat"! I laughed so hard when I read that!! LOL!
Rachel
Post a Comment