Yep, today's my birthday, and I'm 40 years old!
Funny thing about each "milestone" as I get to it... it doesn't seem as big or momentous as I'd thought it would be... or as "old" as it had seemed at one point.
I remember as a kid thinking I'd feel so mature at 16, but when I got there I just felt like the same me. Then I thought 21 would feel so mature, and when I thought *way* into the future when it was the year 2000, I thought I'd be SO old... you know, 30 years old! Well, somewhere in there I realized I'm still the same me no matter *what* age I am.
And I also know I'm not anywhere near being "old" for a long time yet! :)
Plans for our day include going as a family to see a matinee movie and Matt taking me out for dinner in the evening. I don't *think* he has anything else planned for the day, but 'ya just never know. That's what makes things a surprise. Either way, I'm just going to enjoy the day as it happens. :)
This week, I've enjoyed painting the kids' bathroom, finishing up the tiling job in the same bathroom, and a few other odds & ends to make our home more relaxing. Sort of a birthday present to myself, if you will. Well, I'm off to enjoy my day....
(actually, the truth is... I wrote this on Thursday & scheduled Blogger to post it on my b-day so I'm not even at the computer today!)




2 comments:
Happy Birthday big sister! I know what you mean about not feeling any different as you age (except my joints hurt a lot more now!!) Don't you love the scheduling function on blogger!?!
Hey Amy, I wanted to write to you, but our email server is having issues. We can receive emails now, but can't send them. I hope your day was fun, I was thinking of you all day. :)
Love,
Rachel
Post a Comment