
On Tuesday evening, Matt & I signed up for the Rock 'n Roll Arizona half marathon, to be held here in the Valley of the Sun in January. Matt is going to run and I plan to walk. (My family has a history of bad joints, so I don't run anymore, to hopefully preserve my knees.)
This all started because Matt has been running again and wanted a goal to work towards. Meanwhile, I've been wanting to get back into walking again. I lost one pants size in '07 when I was walking on the beach back in Marquette, but sometime in the past year I found that pants size again. :( So, once Matt started talking about doing the half marathon, I began contemplating walking it.
Apparently, quite a lot of people walk marathons and half marathons. I was surprised to see that there is a *lot* of information on the web about training for walking a half marathon! I'm looking forward to getting in better shape and seeing myself get so I can walk 13.1 miles at a fairly good clip.
This all started because Matt has been running again and wanted a goal to work towards. Meanwhile, I've been wanting to get back into walking again. I lost one pants size in '07 when I was walking on the beach back in Marquette, but sometime in the past year I found that pants size again. :( So, once Matt started talking about doing the half marathon, I began contemplating walking it.
Apparently, quite a lot of people walk marathons and half marathons. I was surprised to see that there is a *lot* of information on the web about training for walking a half marathon! I'm looking forward to getting in better shape and seeing myself get so I can walk 13.1 miles at a fairly good clip.




2 comments:
Good for you guys!
You're absolutely right about marathon and half marathons - it is so mainstream now more than ever. And it wasn't long ago - in the 70s - I think - where so little people were running. Pace teams used to only be for the elite runners, now they have pace teams for people who want to finish in 6 hours. I cannot really imagine needing a pace team for six hours, but it just gives you perspective on how popular the sport has become. :)
Post a Comment