
Here are all ten kids camped out on Jim & Jen's living room floor. It was cozy, but fun. :)
It was a very picturesque Marquette day at the beach. (The water was still only about 59 degrees, though!) Here are Naomi & Joshua with a rainbow-colored sailboat in the background.
Nathan likes to line up their kids in height order when they go out places. It's always fun to see the reactions when he lines our kids up with theirs. Someone said to us as we walked to the beach, "I feel like I'm in the Sound of Music!"
A woman who was working in her beautiful garden, right by the beach, made a remark about us needing a photo. So when we all left to head to the parade, we came over to take a photo of the kids. She offered to take our photo, and we learned that her 18-year-old son had died the summer before. It seemed to us that her garden was her expression of her love for him. The urn in front of us was empty in honor of her son, and she just temporarily stuck a pot of flowers into it for our photo.
Oh, and going from left to right, that would be: Naomi (5), Wil (3 1/2), Jesse (6 1/2), Joshua (8), Jack (6), Sam (he turned 8 on the 4th!), Marissa (12 1/2), Calvin (10 1/2), David (15 1/2), Sydney (12 1/2), me, Matt, Heidi & Nathan.
The "J Brothers" (Joshua & Jesse) at the parade. It was *so* nice to be at the Marquette 4th of July parade! It had been 3 years for us. We saw friends we knew in the parade, and it was fun just to be there for it. :)

After the parade, we had a picnic with Jean Kay's pasties at the Presque Isle park in Marquette. The kids and dads looked for agates (a kind of rock only found in the U.P.). It was a beautiful afternoon.

While we waited for the fireworks that evening, this is the view we had. Beautiful, huh?
All in all, we had a beautiful, "touristy", 4th of July in Marquette. More photos of our Michigan adventures will be coming later this week...





2 comments:
I wanted to be able to thank Jim and Jennifer for letting us all stay there.... That was SO nice of them!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of us all lined up in the garden! I made it my desktop photo!
Hey Heidi,
I left a thank you note for Jim & Jen when we left the house, but if you want, I can give you their address.
Hey, did I get all your kids' ages right on the list? I was trying to remember when each of them was born, and I think the only one I wasn't absolutely sure on was Calvin.
We enjoyed spending time with you in Marquette, too!
Amy :)
Post a Comment