3.17.2009

Happy Birthday, Grandma!


My mom's birthday is today, so even though we're not Irish, we always grew up celebrating St. Patrick's Day. My dad lovingly called it "St. Dottie's Day". We had shamrock-shaped cookies, shamrock pins to wear to school, and of course we always wore green!

A few years ago--I think it was 2005--I took a photo of our kids holding our "Happy Birthday" banner that we put up on birthdays. I emailed it to my mom as her birthday card from us. (I'm great at remembering important dates, but terrible about having stamps in the house & getting cards out in time.) In the years since then, it's become the kids' & my little tradition that we always do for my mom on her birthday. We don't do it for anyone else's birthday, just hers. :)

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to post this year's photo on my blog.


Happy Birthday, Mom (Grandma)!
We love you!!!

1 comment:

Ed & Dottie said...

Thank you for the special birthday greeting. :) Love to you all, Mom/Grandma