
For the past two weeks, we've been trying to solve a mystery: why our home computer wouldn't connect to the Internet. Here's what we did:
- Matt suggested trying David's computer, which we soon discovered did not have a modem.
- Our next-door neighbor gave us her old computer, but its modem didn't work.
- Matt bought a new modem.
- David & I installed said modem into the neighbor's old computer, but the CD-ROM drive didn't work, so we couldn't install the modem's driver to make it work.
- David & I un-installed the modem & installed it into his computer.
- When I dialed up, we got the same error message as we'd been getting on our family computer.
- I called my friend Connie, and she looked up the customer service number for our Internet service provider, All2Easy.
Mystery solved: when All2Easy tried to take the $4.95 monthly fee using our debit card, it didn't go through. This is because a few weeks ago, I had a mix-up with our credit union. A woman there mistakenly stopped my debit card, creating havoc with our financial/bill-paying systems. The aftermath is still continuing, evidently. But this mystery is finally solved!
I am so glad to be able to dial up from home again!!
I am so glad to be able to dial up from home again!!




No comments:
Post a Comment