11.21.2008

It's my birthday!

Yes, it's true... and next year on this date, I will be 40 years old!

I'm not dreading my 40s, though. I'm approaching them with anticipation of enjoying them even more than my 30s (which have been *great*!), of another decade of seeing God's blessings in my life.

So I'll enjoy this next year, but not with dread of being 40 the next time my birthday rolls around. (Besides, is 40 *old*, anyway? I don't think so!)

Tonight, we're going camping at a nearby regional park. Some friends will be joining us for a cookout at the campsite (they weren't ready to try camping), which should be fun, as well. Marissa has made a carrot cake for my birthday, and we'll enjoy that this evening, too. Oh, and Matt found a nice dishwasher for a great price on Craig's List, which he got for my birthday. It's a Jenn-Air with some "bells & whistles" that our basic Whirlpool one doesn't have. It will be fun to try it out soon! :)

And, just for nostalgia's sake, I thought I'd give you a couple links (they weren't working, but I've got them fixed now!). This one is from 3 years ago, when I listed out 36 things I was thankful for. (I'm still just as thankful, but I'm not feeling quite "wordy"enough to list out 39 things I'm thankful for today!) And here is the link to my mom's telling of my birth, for all you birth story addicts like me! (I know you're out there!)

What do you think of my artsy self-portrait?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good day. Hard to believe my first baby is 39 years old already. Now that makes me old.
Love ya, Dad & Mom

Becky Dempsey said...

Happy Birthday, Big Sister! I meant to send an e-mail (and for David's, too), but I never did! I bet it was different going camping on your birthday! It is too cold here to do that! (23.5 currently!)

♥Becky

Amy :) said...

Hey, thanks for the birthday wishes, Mom & Dad and Becky! It was a good day, and camping was especially enjoyable.

The regional park is only 9 miles from our house, but when we were there it was so amazing how *quiet* it was. You'd never know how close the urban sprawl really was! :)

Hmmm... looks like my links aren't working. I'll have to try to fix that...

Amy :)

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

Hi. Happy birthday, Amy! I'm glad to hear you had fun camping. I've told Nathan that we'd (as a family) better be done until next spring. I'm sure he'll go sometime in the snow and ice... he usually does. :)

I'm not sure I'll handle 40 as gracefully as you plan to. I'm not looking forward to it.

Roberta said...

It's belated, but Happy Birthday! Hope you had a blessed time with family.