I love this man! (and his smile) :)
widowed sisters who are each other's neighbor.
Isn't this beautiful? (Mohave National Preserve)
With my cousin Heidi at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas. She was there with her husband Nathan, at his work convention. Otherwise, they wouldn't have chosen to visit "Sin City".
In front of the Bellagio hotel, after watching the beautiful fountain show.




6 comments:
Odd for a Geology guy such as myself to say that my favorite picture of the bunch is of Matt. That captures his essence quite well. I did like the cool geological formation pictures too...
Dean
Dean,
I have to agree with you there. That's why I put that photo of Matt on my blog... that smile is so him. But most of the time, we don't get those smiles on camera, so I *had* to put this one on my blog.
You know, in regard to the geological formations, I keep finding myself thinking about the Flood and all the water left over from it making these beautiful things for us to enjoy thousands of years later.
It's simply amazing.
I will see if I can get to get a comment on here this time. We too loved the picture of Matt. We liked the others if family members too. But the one of Matt some how looks like he is less stressed. Is this job been better for him?
Love Ya All, Dad & Mom
Hi Mom,
When that photo of Matt was taken, we were at McDonald's celebrating our pastor's son's birthday.
It's interesting that you asked if Matt's job here is less stressful. His job is a good one, keeps him super-busy, has good benefits, and he gets to help people who are truly in need.
Funny thing about your question, though, is that Matt just found out that his clinics are being switched around again.
The remote clinic has been taken from him, as well as the one that's ten minutes from our home. In place of that, he gets one farther from home in a not-so-great part of the city.
So that's brought us a bit of stress. But we both feel like God knows what's happening, like there's a reason for this change. So we're resting in that. :)
At the risk of sounding redundant, that picture of Matt is a great one! :) He just looks so NICE, although looks can be deceiving.... racing through horrible dirt 'roads' in the UP, up mountains while laughing an evil laugh... Well, maybe it wasn't quite so bad as all that.
We were so glad to see you guys! And we loved being in the sunny west!
Heidi,
You are *too* funny! It would be fun to drive on some dirt roads in the U.P. with you guys again sometime. We have plenty of good memories of pb & j's in the middle of nowhere with you guys. :)
It was great to see you guys! Whenever you have a chance to bring the whole crew out here, we'd love to have you. There's lots of good hiking around here, and Oct-April is the time to do it. :)
But, I know how expensive it is to travel from Michigan to Arizona & vice versa! :(
Thanks for commenting! :)
Post a Comment