My chance came yesterday. The digital camera that we got in March mysteriously began acting very strange. While I was trying to understand what went wrong, Naomi piped in and said that she had put it in the sink.
Last night, I struggled with many emotions about this...
... sadness, because it was such a great camera. A 7.2 megapixel camera with lots of cool functions we were only beginning to understand. A $150 camera that we got for only $50 and couldn't just go out & replace.
... anger (much as I hate to admit it!), because why would she think it was okay to put it in the water?
... frustration, because I should have put it up out of her reach, away from the sink.
... etc, etc, etc.
Anyway, last night after struggling with my feelings and reminding myself that my precious daughter Naomi is, indeed, far more important than a silly little camera, I thought of something. I asked God to make the camera work again.
About an hour later, David noticed that he could view the photos, but not take new ones. I said, "God is healing our camera!" (I know, it's a little goofy.) But this morning, we could take photos with it!
It has a smudge in the screen, but it's taking photos just fine. Isn't God cool, how He takes care of the silly things in life sometimes?




7 comments:
That is awesome story! I do believe that God can "heal" a camera...why not?
Hi Amy,
We have gone through things like that, too, with expensive "do-dads" getting broken, and we try to say, "You can't take it with you when you go!" and it helps - LOL!
Anyway, I'm really writing to say I didn't know you had your surgery so soon and I hope for your quick recovery and healing.
Every once in a while I take the time to read your blog - it's so interesting and much like my own life at this point!
Lots of love to you. Frankie Perez
When you started that post, I could see what was coming. Ouch! I can't say I'd have responded in as nice a way. Thanks for sharing and praise God for healing your camera! (Being in hot and dry Arizona probably doesn't hurt either!)
Love you,
Dean
You know what? The smudge on the screen is gone, and our camera is just as though nothing ever happened to it!
Amazing, huh? :)
Wow, God has something for you to do with your camera maybe. Or maybe God is just being awesome and giving you a kind gift. How wonderful!
Hello motherhen,
I don't think I've seen you here before. How did you find us? Just curious... :)
You know, I think the camera already has been a blessing. I was at the birth of our friend's new daughter last month. She was obviously not able to take any photos herself, so it worked out nicely that I had our camera there. :)
It will be fun to see how many other ways we can use this camera to bless someone.
In any case, it's pretty cool to see God answer a "little" prayer, even though it's not the most important thing in the world.
Amy :)
One time I had a cell phone get drenched and didn't work. I took a hair dryer to it, carefully so as not to damage it with the heat, and slowly but surely, the water evaporated...the screen wasn't fuzzy anymore and it worked just like new!
Post a Comment