I tend to be a worrier. This is obviously not a good thing, but it's something I struggle with regularly. The upkeep of two houses (one of which is far, far away!), paying bills, renting the Michigan house, and other things associated with keeping up two homes has caused me quite a lot of worrying.Matt keeps telling me that worrying doesn't help. And I know he's right. Well, I guess God really wanted me to "get" it, because a week ago yesterday, our pastor preached about worry. I took lots of notes and God spoke to my heart.
In the wee hours of Friday morning, I woke up and started to worry about bills needing to be paid, knowing there wasn't enough money in the bank. Right away, I decided I was going to "take every thought captive". So I told God I knew He was aware of our needs and that I wasn't going to worry about it anymore.
That afternoon, I got a call from our friend Beverly (who happens to be our pastor's mom), who was housesitting for us while we were out of town. Seems that we had someone *very* interested in renting the Beach House right away. Long story short, we now have guests at the house this week!! :)
And yesterday, we had two inquiries about the house, with one reserving their weekend in October today.
Hmm, what do you think? Does God really have it all under control? Think I should stop worrying more often?




2 comments:
Isn't it nice to know God is REALLY in control and loves us? I had a really cool experience a few weeks ago that hit home those very things.
Isn't it nice to know God is REALLY in control and loves us? I had a really cool experience a few weeks ago that hit home those very things.
Post a Comment