This week I have been working on the finishing touches of a room "makeover" in our half bath. So, I'm pleased to finally reveal those "before" photos I've been hoarding so carefully until I had some "after" photos to compare against.
Okay, here goes...
"Before"
This, we believe, is why we were able to buy our house for such a great price at the auction in December. So, though it was pretty scary-looking, we were thankful that the previous owners did this when they were foreclosed on.
When we first saw the house, in the dark this almost looked like we'd happened upon a murder scene! What a relief to realize it was only wood stain on the closet door, floor & toilet!
And now, here are the "after" photos. What do you think??
Amazing what hard work and about $200-300 can do, huh? A Lowe's sidewalk sale in January provided the mirror, medicine cabinet, sink & vanity quite inexpensively. :) We had a lot of help early on in this project, with "de-scary-ifying" the room. (Thanks, Laura, Pastor B., Pastor Wayne, & Rick!)
Ever since we moved to Arizona last summer, I've had the general idea for this painting floating around in my mind. Finally, it got put to canvas yesterday afternoon! I am quite satisfied with how it turned out. And, the 1/2-off paint we got for the bathroom the other night matches nicely with the desert theme I'd been wanting for this bathroom. :)
Here's a shot showing the new closet door, without the hole, writing and wood stain on it and the floor without all that nasty stain on it (Zip Strip, while toxic-smelling, works great!).
This isn't really part of the bathroom makeover, but it's in the entry next to the half bath. The plaque is one of a few that my grandpa made when I was a kid, with Joshua 24:15b on it.
When Matt & I visited my grandparents one year after we got married, Grandpa gave us this plaque. It's the one he'd made for my great-grandparents, who had died. Him giving this plaque to us was even more special to me when Grandpa died a few months later. It's been hanging in every place we've lived since then, usually in the entryway. :)
And it is the truth... "But as for me and my house, we will serve Jehovah..."
6 comments:
WOW!!! What a change. I love the color it is now. Love the painting too. Neat work. Love ya, Mom
Thanks for the photos! Its fun to see your home as it it re-done. Wish we could visit...
The bathroom looks really good now! I can imagine that the first sight of the bathroom would have been a bit scary!
Becky
It looks amazing! After this fix-it upper, would you all ever do it again? I didn't think it was blood I thought it was something more gross. It's just beautiful. Thanks for sharing the before/after.
Looks awesome. Nice work guys. It's beautiful. Glad to hear that was just stain. Looked like it would have turned me right around by seeing it. Eeeek!
Fabulous makeover! It looks Fantastic, you did a great job. I am amazed that you got all that stain off. I like your painting too, when we get our bathroom redone I was thinking about painting something...maybe a mural, we'll see.
Post a Comment