So I got out my flower and started crocheting again. I changed the pattern a bit since both of us thought the petals didn't look right. Now I have two flowers, and the photo is how the girls' room looks so far (Marissa was working on a craft project when I snapped the photo). I know there are a few crocheters out there, so I thought I'd post the revised pattern for you in case you'd like to try it. :)

Fun Flower
Wall Decoration/Pillow
Wall Decoration/Pillow
Materials:
• Sport weight yarn, 2 colors
• Size I hook
• Piece of yarn or safety pin to mark beginning of rounds
• If making pillow, polyester fiberfill for stuffing
Flower Body (make 2 if making pillow):
*Do not join rounds; use a piece of yarn or safety pin to mark the first stitch of each round*
With Color A: Ch 4, join with sl st to first ch to form ring
Rnd 1: ch 1, 9 sc in ring (9 sc total)
Rnd 2: 2 sc in each sc around (18)
Rnd 3: (sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc) around (27)
Rnd 4: (sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around (36)
Rnd 5: (sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around (45)
Rnd 6: (sc in next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around (54)
Rnd 7: sc in each sc around
Rnd 8: Repeat rnd 7
Rnd 9: (sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around (63)
Rnd 10: repeat rnd 7 – join color B in last st
Rnd 11: (sc in next 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around (72)
Rnd 12: repeat rnd 7
Rnd 13: (sc in next 7 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around (81)
Rnd 14: (sc in next 8 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around (90)
Rnd 15: (sc in next 9 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around (99)
Rnd 16: (sc in next 10 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around (108)
Rnd 17: repeat rnd 7
Rnd 18: (sc in next 11 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around until last st, sc in last st (116)
*Do not fasten off*
First Petal:
Row 19: sc in each of the next 21 sc, ch 1, turn (21)
Row 20-21: sc in each sc across, ch 1, turn (21)
Row 22: dec 1 over next 2 sc, sc in each sc across w/ dec over last 2 sc, ch 1, turn (19)
Row 23: sc in each sc across, ch 1, turn (19)
Row 24-25: repeat row 23
Row 26: dec 1 over next 2 sc, sc in each sc across w/ dec over last 2 sc, ch 1, turn (17)
Row 27: repeat row 23 (17)
Row 28-33: repeat row 24 until you have only 5 sc left
*Fasten off*
Remaining Petals (make 4):
Skip 2 sc on round 18
Row 19. Join with sc in next sc, sc in next 20 st, ch 1, turn (21)
Row 20. Repeat rows 20-31 of the 1st Petal
*At end of 5th petal, do not fasten off*
Rnd 34: Turn, ch 1. Working in ends of rows and in each sc, sc around outer edge of flower; join with a sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
If making pillow:
Crochet another flower body with petals. After finishing second side, fasten off leaving length for sewing. With wrong sides together, sew flower sides together through back loops only, stuffing firmly with filling before closing.
The girls' room curtains have flowers and butterflies on them, and I am going to figure out how to crochet some butterflies for the walls, too.




2 comments:
The flowers are neat. Are you going to do more? Love Ya, Mom
Hi Mom!
Thanks. :) Yeah, I think I might make some more flowers, but I need to get at least another color so they're not all the same. I was thinking blue or purple, since both of those colors are in their curtains.
We'll see...
Amy :)
Post a Comment