I love July 8th because it's the anniversary of when Matt was born! His parents were older when they married, and had six miscarriages before the pregnancy that produced Matt. I am most grateful for their persistence! :)
Matt is my best friend here on earth, the person who knows me best and still loves me despite my weaknesses. He tells me over & over how glad he is that I am his wife. We aren't clones, so we have those moments where we drive each other nuts... but on all the important stuff we are one. I love that. :)
Besides all that, I am just plain crazy about him, although in a much deeper way now than when I first admired him at Campus Crusade for Christ meetings during my early college days. :) God has carried us through so many things together that it's just amazing to look back on it all. We've grown so much together in our walk with God. It's so great to serve God, work, love, raise kids, vacation, hang out and just experience life with Matt. He truly is my best friend, and I love him SO much!!
I hope you don't mind going down memory lane a little bit with me here...
Matt & me, the day we headed home after my brain surgery in October 2004. He stayed by my side & advocated for me when I couldn't do it myself. My heart bursts with love for Matt when I think of him doing that for me. :)
This is us on May 5, 2007... our 17th anniversary. We were on vacation in Boone, North Carolina, and Matt had just made the call to accept the position here in Arizona. It was an exciting day. :)
In February 2006, we went snowshoeing after dark, for a date. The air was so still and quiet... just perfect for being out. :)
And here's the whole family when we just were in Michigan, June 2008. :)
Happy Birthday, Matt!!!






1 comment:
Post a Comment