For months, all our other kids have been telling her how she needed to ask God for forgiveness for her sins, and thank Him for coming to Earth as a man and dying on the cross to forgive us of our sins. So on this short drive the other evening, David & Marissa explained things to her yet again. This time, it was something she wanted to do.
Since she is not quite four, it's hard to know exactly if she understands all that this means. But she seems to understand quite a bit.
I remember back to when I asked Jesus to be my Savior. I was about a year older than Naomi is now, and although I eventually "grew into" a full understanding of all that it meant, I never had a doubt that Jesus is my Savior and I'd be spending eternity in heaven with Him one day.
So, while we can't see her heart, we know that God can. And that's what really matters in the long run, isn't it? :)




5 comments:
WONDERFUL!!! Welcome to the family of God Naomi. That makes us very very excited. Love ya, Grandpa & Grandma
How FANTASTIC!! I remember how great it feels when the children have told me they became a christian. It is hard to put into words.
That is GREAT news! Sarah is always telling Emily how Jesus died on the cross for our sins but that he didn't stay dead, etc. It is great to see them have the desire to tell other people.
Becky
Thanks, everyone, for your comments! It *is* such a great feeling to know that all our kids have asked Jesus to be their Savior. We pray that they will grow in their love for Him throughout their lives and that many will come to know Him through their lives. :)
And what's really exciting, too, like Becky said, is to see the older kids wanting so much for the younger ones to know Him. Our younger three kids were led to the Lord by their older siblings, so that's been a really exciting thing for us as parents, too! :)
Just a few moments ago, Naomi brought her Sunday School paper from a few weeks ago to me and explained about the two thieves hanging on the cross next to Jesus. She told me that one didn't believe Jesus was God, that one did, and that Jesus told him that today he would be in heaven with Him.
Our friend Shanna is Naomi, Jesse & Joshua's Sunday School teacher, and a few weeks ago she gave a very clear Gospel presentation (as you can tell from Naomi's description of part of it, 3 weeks later!). This, I believe, helped a great deal with Naomi making her decision this week. Thanks, Shanna, for planting & cultivating seeds! :)
Post a Comment