5.21.2008

I'm donating some of my hair!

I've always toyed with the idea of donating some of my hair to Locks of Love. I don't like my hair short, though, so it's really only just long enough now for me to donate some of it. The minimum donation is 10 inches, so my hair will be about shoulder length afterwards.

I like the idea of giving my "extra" hair to an organization that will use it to make wigs for kids with long-term hair loss. There was a group that makes wigs for women with cancer, but Matt & I feel like kids could use it more, so I'm going with Locks of Love. :)

I did a bit of research and found a Great Clips salon near our church that will cut my hair for free since I'm donating it, and then send the hair to Locks of Love. :) The plan is to stop in before church this evening and have my hair cut. I'll post some photos of the whole process later on...

1 comment:

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

I've thought of donating my hair, and I've had enough cut off more than once.....maybe 3-4 times (New year this year being the most recent), but I've never known where to do it.