3.06.2008

Getting back into the "normal" routine again...

Needless to say, with fixing up the new house, moving into it, and getting things settled in, everything has been a bit out of the ordinary for several weeks! One of the nice things about homeschooling is that it doesn't have to happen when most people think of school happening. We go year-round, taking breaks as we need to, and we took somewhat of a break during January.

So last week & this week, during the weekdays, I've been making a concerted effort to focus on what I call our "skeleton schedule". I call it a "skeleton" because the events of the day "hang" from it... it's not all planned out by the half hour (that makes me crazy!), but we have times that certain things happen, and the other "stuff" falls into place around those. Things on the schedule are meals, school time, going to the park, naptime, etc.

So I've been trying to get us back into "normal" life around here. I won't lie; it hasn't been *easy*. But it's been good. Challenging, but I expected that. Overall, we like the results so far. The kids seem to be doing better with more structure in their lives, and I guess I am doing better, too! :)

So anyway, that's why I haven't posted for a while. I have some things to post about, but I'm not sure if I'll do them soon or not. You'll just have to check back later! :)

No comments: