The MRI itself was pretty straightforward, just like all the others I've had. (I think this was my eighth MRI... I've lost track for sure...) Actually, now that I think of it, they did tell me that the injection of Gadolinium (contrast agent) they gave me was a new brand. The reason is that in England, some patients had renal (kidney) failure from the old brand. Matt had just expressed concern to me before my MRI, since he works with dialysis patients and had heard something about this problem with contrast agents.
I requested a CD of the MRI and a copy of the MRI report to be mailed to me, which they will do free of charge! Marquette General used to charge us $17 for a CD, so that was a pleasant surprise. I'll add it to my growing collection of brain MRI CDs. :)
I expect that I'll be hearing from Dr. Rovin's office in Marquette as to the results, though I'll be actually seeing a copy of the report myself in a few days. I'll post to update you when I hear! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment