12.31.2007

Our Christmas

Our first Christmas as Arizonans was a good one, a time of new, warmer-weather ways to celebrate the season.

A "hay" ride~ Two days before Christmas, some friends had us over for dinner, and their neighbors took us all on a "hay" ride (it was really straw) on a trailer he'd set up with garland, lights, and music. They pulled us behind a golf cart-type thing all around the neighborhood to see the Christmas lights. It was fun. :)

Luminarias~ When Matt's mom was alive, her whole neighborhood used to put out luminarias on Christmas Eve, and it was so beautiful to see. So we just had to try it ourselves. It was beautiful! :) We went with our next-door neighbors to see a home extra-decked out for the holidays. Then we drove around to check out the luminarias & Christmas lights. Matt's mother's old neighborhood doesn't do the luminarias anymore, but some of the streets in her town still do, so we enjoyed seeing those for old times' sake. Christmas Eve marked 12 years since Matt's mom died.

Christmas Day was fun... we opened gifts and ate a big ham dinner at our house, just the seven of us. Then Mark & Anita had us over for dessert and gifts later on. It was a good day. :)





Out of all the photos we took, this is the only one of all five kids together on Christmas Day. They're holding gifts from my sister Becky & her family. :)





Our little princess, Naomi, napping in our bed between gift opening & the big ham dinner.









Matt put on his "slicing the ham" look for me. :)























































Matt & the kids during the big dinner. I'm not sure, but I think David is "hamming" it up for my photo.




An after the meal clean-up shot. It goes so much faster with help! :)




Okay, I realize that this photo may make two people somewhat jealous. One, the grandma who didn't get to hold her princess granddaughter this Christmas, and two, the daughter whose mom didn't get to hold her son this Christmas. At risk of inducing envy, I post this very cute photo anyway. Sorry, Mom & Jenny...


Well, and here's a photo of me with the kitchen towels Mark & Anita gave me.



I hope you & your family had a wonderful Christmas this year, and that 2008 is a year filled with many evidences of God's blessings on your life! Happy New Year! :)

5 comments:

Becky Dempsey said...

I was just thinking how much Naomi is looking like you Amy! Not that I remember what you looked like when you were 3½, being less than a year old myself! I'm glad you had a good Christmas. I'm going to blog about ours sometime!

Becky

Amy :) said...

Hi Becky,

Thanks for the comment! I just checked out your blog a few moments ago to see if you'd put anything new on it. So I'll look later on this week to read about your Christmas. :)

It's fun that you think Naomi looks like me... it seems like when they're your own kids, you can't tell who they look like (at least it's that way for me!).

I've always thought Sarah looks so much like you, ever since the first time I saw her. Something about her lips, I think. :)

Anyway, thanks for stopping in! It's fun to hear from you. :)

Love,
your sis,
Amy :)

Ed & Dottie said...

Thanks for posting the picture of Naomi & the other kids, we do miss getting to see & hug them but at least with the pictures we can at least see that much of them, not the same as in real life but we have to make do with what we do have. Glad you had a good Christmas. Love You ALL, Mom & Dad

Jodi said...

I think I have some pictures of Matt making that same, "slicing the ham" face only... it was not for ham slicing...I think Dale was in it. Not sure though.
Hey, is this a peak into your new digs?

Amy :) said...

Hey Jodi,

Yeah, now that you mention it, that look on Matt's face does look just like that photo of he & Christian in our kitchen in Marquette when we had that "wassailing" party! Wow... that was more than 7 years ago already... doesn't time fly??

Nah, this isn't a peek into our new digs... we're still waiting to close! We are waiting on the seller to send something to the title company. I keep pestering the auction company and the title company (the people on either end of the whole process), and hopefully soon we can get this going.

Once we close, we have some work to do before we can move in. By the end of the month, though, it will be "home". :)