Since everyone else "fell back" early yesterday morning, in Arizona we are now only 2 hours behind Eastern time. :) I didn't know until I did a Google search that it's actually called "Daylight Saving Time", rather than "Daylight Savings Time". You can find it in the dictionary as "Savings" but that's not *really* correct. Interesting, huh?Okay, so any guesses as to why Arizona doesn't go on Daylight Saving Time? My guess was that it's because we have to wait until after sunset to go out and do things in the summertime, since it's too hot with the sun out. From what I read online, that's pretty much right.
I won't bore you with the details if you don't want them, but if you go to this link, you can read the history of Arizona and Daylight Saving Time. It's kind of interesting. :)
Much as I *loved* Daylight Saving Time when we were in Michigan, I don't really miss it here. And I'm glad that we're only 2 hours behind Michigan now.




2 comments:
Ugggg. Daylight saving time! I hate it! We are all messed up here this week. What time is his nap? Is that old time or new? Etc. Blah!
:)
Yeah, DST is not friendly to internal clocks. I loved it when I was a kid and even until this year... toddlerhood doesn't understand "you get to sleep in, hunny!"
Interestingly enough, I just learned that little tid-bit (about the *correct* wording) too when i searched to find out when it was switching (cuz it was a week later this year).
Post a Comment