Thirty-eight years ago, after a *long* labor, my mom gave birth for the first time... to a 10 lb, 6 oz baby girl. :) (yep, that's me in the photo over there...)If you want to read my birth story, click here. Two years ago, I asked my mom to type out my birth story. I'd heard bits of it here and there over the years, but it was really special to have my mom type it out for me. I *love* hearing & reading birth stories, so it is a treasure for me.
We're having friends over tonight for dinner. Homemade pizza, salad & chocolate cake are on the menu. I already baked the cake & made the frosting last night so all I have to do today is frost it. :)
I'm often asked if my birthday falls on Thanksgiving. It never does--when it's on a Thursday, it's always the 3rd Thursday, making it a full week before Thanksgiving. I like it when my birthday is close to Thanksgiving like it is this year. :)
I was thinking this morning about how David gave us all gifts on his birthday, and how in some cultures that's the norm, giving others gifts on your own birthday. It's rather humbling, on "your" special day to think of others and not be so selfish. It's one of those funny things, attitude. Nobody can see the attitudes down in your heart. And my birthday can be one of those "selfish" days. So today, I'm asking God to give me a giving heart, a thankful heart. Which is only appropriate, thinking of the holiday tomorrow. :)
Thanks for stopping by!




3 comments:
We wish a very good birthday & many more to come. I am feeling a lot better today than 38 years ago. We had a lot of snow on the ground when you were born but today we have none. Love You Much, Mom
Happy Happy 38th Birthday! I hope it was a joy-filled day with a great big thankful heart.
I just had mine also...the big three-five!
38??? Wuh! hehe. Happy birthday friend. Here's to you, and that *long* labor it took to get you here:) Cheers to your mama!
Post a Comment