4.09.2007

Easter 2007 (the one we will always talk about!)

Well, the storm is over. After 4 days. :) Yesterday morning, we awoke to the wind having died down and the lake being mostly calm. Here's a photo with the thermometer showing 22 degrees on Easter morning. Matt took a photo of me standing next to the huge drift of snow that built up between our house & the neighbors' house (that's their house in the background). You can see that I was a little premature in opening my retractable laundry lines a couple weeks ago! Next to me is the top of the tree that came down the second evening of the storm.


The last photo is after Easter dinner at some friends' house. (Check out that snow hanging from their front roof!) I tried out a few recipes to bring with us, and Irmgard (as usual!) had some amazing dishes for us to enjoy! She had set up an elaborate scavenger hunt for the kids after dinner, with a girls' team and a boys' team. David was the "reader" for the boys and Marissa for the girls, and they had locations with different treats and a note telling them where to go for the next treats. It was so sweet of Irmgard to set that all up for the kids. :)

Today, the sun is shining and some of the snow is melting, even though it's only 26 degrees outside right now. Wow... I know our climate up here is colder than in some other places, but even the "old-timers" who have lived here their whole lives are amazed at this one! We'll be talking about this April the rest of our lives, I think...

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey Amy!
That 4-D was just a shot from the web of a baby at 35 weeks gestation...I wish I could get one of those of Justice though. I can't believe how much snow you guys got over EASTER! It was cold and the ground definately had a dusting of the dreaded white stuff but wasn't UP bad:) It took me a few years of being back down here to stop missing the U.P. winters but I've officially resorted back to my troll ways as of this winter...I love our winters down here:)
P.S. as of my last check up Justice's head is down:)
Peace,
Jodi

Amy :) said...

Jodi,

Oh, I was all excited about seeing Justice's face! Too bad you don't have one of those 4-D photos of her!

VERY cool about her being in the "right" position for birth! Yea!! I'll be praying everything goes great with your VBAC!

Amy :)

Carmichael Family said...

Wow, you all got a LOT of snow!!! What a special celebration you had though, God's richest blessings on your family!
Catherine

Roberta said...

WOW! Were you all a little worried that might fall on your heads?
I know an Irmgard...well, did...she was my Bible Study Fellowship leader about 13 yrs ago. She was Dutch.

Glad you are all safe and have these memories!