1.31.2007

Violin Lessons

Marissa's big birthday (Jan. 1st) surprise was violin lessons, taught by our friend Rachel, an amazing violinist who plays in our town's symphony orchestra and sometimes at our church. :) Marissa was *so* excited--and still is! She started last Monday, and has had two lessons so far. I love that Rachel & her family live only 1 mile from our house, so we don't have to drive into town & back for a 1/2 hour lesson. It's fun going to some friends' home for the lesson, too!

I am learning so much from the lessons, too! (I have to learn what to look for as far as violin & bow holds, so she's practicing correctly.) This week, I was contemplating learning to play, too... maybe I should get a violin for me!! :) Hmmm... in any case, seeing Rachel play in the symphony orchestra has inspired me to get my bass clarinet fixed up and start playing again. I haven't really played it since Matt & I got married nearly 17 years ago!

No comments: