It's that time of year again! I've been thinking a lot of Christmas traditions and what they mean to us.
Our kids have been talking about and anticipating a family tradition we started a few years ago. They camp out in sleeping bags beside the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve. Then they wake up Christmas morning, right by the tree, with all their presents right there!
Another tradition is going out to pick out & cut down our Christmas tree. We go to a couple's home where the man has a small tree farm in his back yard and sells most trees there for $15 each. The really large ones (and I'm talking so large they won't fit in most homes!) are $20 each. We went this past Saturday and got our tree, and on the way we figured out it's our ninth year of getting our tree there!
We've had an advent wreath for several years and never really known the tradition or meaning behind it. This year, though, Marissa's Sunday School teacher had them make their own Advent wreaths and gave them some good information on what it all means, and how to make it a family celebration. So I think we may make this more of a tradition in our family from here on out.
I will have to think more about other family Christmas traditions our family has developed over the years we've been married and especially since we've had kids of our own, and maybe add a few to my list above. I think it would be fun to hear what some of your Christmas traditions are, so please leave me comments. Thanks, and I look forward to reading what your traditions are!!
"Murders in the Marquee" by Dana Mentink
5 days ago




1 comment:
we keep having the "traditions" talk each year, but montana is so young, we figure we still have a while before any will really take effect...so for now...my side does a secret santa name exchange for our get-together, and his side does a special project with gift money for an organization or needy family.
Post a Comment