1.24.2006

Playing outside in the snow


It's been an unusually mild winter so far, where we live. Normally we have quite a bit more snow, a LOT more howling winds, and much colder temperatures. But it's been fairly mild here, which we certainly aren't complaining about! I love the beauty of winter, but not the frigid temperatures and wind!

But we really haven't taken advantage of the milder weather, and the kids haven't been out playing in the snow, at least not until today! This morning, Matt looked at the kids and declared that they all needed to get out and play in the snow. Jesse was SO excited, he ran upstairs to tell Joshua that they could go outside and play!

After digging around to find everyone's snowsuits/pants, boots, mittens, etc., they all trekked outside. Marissa went out and made a snow angel on the back deck. This was Naomi's first time playing outside in the snow, and David helped her get around. Her snowsuit is so puffy and she's not very tall, so she was having a hard time walking out there. You could tell it frustrated her, but she was just so glad to be outside! :) Even Jack, "The Wonder Dog", as we like to call him, was so thrilled to be outside!

4 comments:

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

Aren't you glad for wise Papas?

Amy :) said...

Yes, I am! We've all been a bit stir-crazy, and I couldn't even think of them needing to go burn off some energy outside! I'm glad Matt did!!

Amy :)

Roberta said...

Love the photo. What a blast! Did you follow it with hot cocoa or tea? (I think my kids like that as much as the fun in the snow.)

Amy :) said...

We didn't have cocoa or tea afterwards, but I should have done that! Our kids would have liked a hot drink. :)

Just as I was finishing writing this post about how mild our winter has been so far, the wind kicked up! Now, it's VERY blustery and cold here. If I put the porch light on, I can see snow swirling every which way. I'm having to put LOTS more wood in the woodstove today than I have been lately... it just burns up so much more quickly when it's windy outside!

Ahhh... this IS winter, isn't it?! :)