1.19.2006

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by The Wife, Mom & Teacher, who “lives” in Fiji and hasn’t revealed her true identity on her blog, so I won’t be the one to do it here on my blog. Anyway, this is what she wanted me to do…

4 jobs I've had in my life:
1. Hostess at Ponderosa Steak House during high school
2. Student worker (I’m really not sure I had a title) in the Admissions Office during college
3. Receptionist at Resort Campground Country Club in Ocean View, NJ (I was supposed to answer the phone with, “Resort Campground Country Club. How may I help you?” but was forever being cut off because people didn’t want to wait for me to stop talking!)
4. Receptionist/Secretary for MSU Extension and First Presbyterian Church (which was not the church we attended)

4 movies I could watch over and over (I’m really not much for watching things over & over normally):
1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
2. Ever After
3. Toy Story (the first one)
4. Bambi (mostly because our son Jesse is addicted to this one!)

4 places I've lived:
1. Grand Rapids, MI
2. Greenville, MI
3. Ann Arbor, MI
4. Ocean City, NJ (for a summer)

4 TV shows I love to watch (we only get five channels, but we did have a dish for a year, so I know which ones I like!):
1. 24 (Matt & I recently acquired this addiction, renting the past seasons on DVD. We just finished season #3 last night.)
2. Anything birth-related (A Baby Story, Birth Day, etc. though sometimes I tire of seeing all the interventions that happen when they don’t always need to.)
3. Cooking shows, especially 30 Minute Meals with Rachael Ray (on the Food Network)—it’s a real-time show, and I’m always inspired by what she does in only 30 minutes!
4. Home improvement shows

4 websites I visit daily:
http://largefamilylogistics.lifewithchrist.org/
http://www.choosinghome.com/blog
http://blogofroberta.blogspot.com/
http://wifemomteacher.blogspot.com/

4 of my favorite foods (Wow, this is a hard one! There are so many!!):
1. Grilled or baked salmon, with a good salad, baked potato and broccoli
2. Breakfast foods (pancakes, eggs, quiche, omelets, fruit salad, coffee cake, danishes, etc.)
3. Baked desserts (cakes, cookies, pies, cheesecakes, etc.)
4. Chocolate-covered nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, peanuts, etc.)

4 places I'd rather be right now (not that *here* is so very bad... in fact, I like it quite a bit!):
1. Pretty much anywhere with Matt, especially just the two of us
2. Visiting with good friends (many come to mind at the moment) who have kids that our kids enjoy hanging around with
3. This might sound weird, but at Jo-Ann Fabrics, Menards & Wal-Mart, because I need to do some shopping at those stores. But Matt’s got the van at work since his car is awaiting repair, so I can’t go anywhere right now!
4. Somewhere that’s warm outside.

4 People that I will tag:
You know what? I don’t know WHO to tag, so I’m not going to do it! Maybe I’m ruining the “fun” of these crazy things, but I’m not going to tag anybody!

4 comments:

Roberta said...

Hi Amy!
I just caught up on your blog since I had the baby...(I left a comment on the the last 8 or so...think I hit 'em all!) :) Life is beginning to normalize...although not sure my normal is "normal".
I planned to say "I tag myself" when I read this post...but it may have to wait as I am needed right now! sigh...

Wife, Mom, Teacher said...

I don't think you are ruining the fun by not tagging anyone! Thanks for being a good sport! And I have decided to use first names only on my blog, so you can call me Heidi if you like! Thanks!

Fun to read!

How many kids does Roberta have? Maybe I should just check her link! :)

Amy :) said...

Roberta,

I was thinking of tagging you, but didn't want to do that to you, with a new baby. But if you want to do it, it would be fun to read, too!

I'm not sure when "normal" kicks in after the birth of a baby! I have thought of it more as a "new normal" when we had the last two babies, because it's never exactly the same as before. And I don't mean that in a bad way, either! :)

Heidi,

Hey, I'm glad I can call you by your first name, now. :) I'm only using first names, as well, on mine, but I am at least identifying the *state* I live in! :)

I suppose maybe you've checked out Roberta's blog by now, but she just added photos. :) Now I finally know what she looks like, since we "met" via the blogosphere!

Amy :)

Roberta said...

Amy~
"New Normal" That's a good way to put it.
Heidi~
I tried your link your blog must be private. Are you really in Fiji? I was thinking missionary, but then maybe you were being silly! :)